Crash

There is nothing like a pounding surf, a roar of crashing waves to stop most people in their tracks, at least momentarily to see what all the commotion is about.

Oil Pastels are a great medium for painting crashing waves.   For me it’s exhilarating, and I as a painter I like the challenge to see if there’s any possibility of stimulating the force of Mother Nature.  I certainly can’t replicate the power but I have a great time pursuing the challenge!

Crash

Crash

About these ads

This entry was posted in About Oil Pastels, OPs New Paintings and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

32 Responses to Crash

1. Beautyful!!! It looks so real!!! :-)

2. Maxima says:

Beautiful painting !

3. Petronette says:

Beautiful painting !
    I almost hear the water against the rocks. ;-)

Hi Petronette! Hope you are well. Thanks so much for your wonderful comment – I felt like I could hear the wave crashing too when I was painting this scene.

4. mamiesmith says:

I love the movement! So beautiful!

5. You are unbelievably talented. Never stop painting!

cambriacorner@wordpress.com

6. Perfect sea scape with great sense of taste!

Great – it works, your comment went to my blog instead of spam! Looks like your problem has been solved.

Thank you for your lovely comment!

7. This is such a fantastic painting. The motion, the power and strong surge across the rocks. I can feel the ocean’s strength. Now just waiting on your art exhibition.

Hi Bella, thank you so much for your comments – I was in a zone painting this one for sure, could feel the motion. There are a few minor changes I’ll be making to this piece after it rests, then will post in the seascape gallery. Could be some time before an exhibition ~

I can hear the mighty crash roar right over here Mary ;-)
    Absolutely wonderful .

9. violetski says:

Amazing! You are so talented Mary❤
    Love this beautiful crash❤

10. cindy knoke says:

You are so talented!

Thank you, appreciate your feedback! I had a great time painting this one. There are a few minor adjustments to make after the painting has had some time to rest. Thank you again!

11. exiledprospero says:

Speaking of crashes, I took Ariel to the beach the other day. The ‘crashes’ were puerile but just right for a tiny ‘I’ve never tasted salt water before’ dog.

That’s an enormous splash! Time to seek higher ground…

Thanks Ariel’s Prospero! What a funny story, did you by chance get this on video – it could be an awarding winning Oscar-type performance for Ariel. I’ll bet it was fun for you as well!

12. I can imagine you painting the “crash”.
    Do you listen to music while you paint?