Winter Guard, oil pastel

Here is another oil pastel winter scene that I’ve had my eye on painting for a while now.

The oil pastel (7×5) was painted on Mi-Teintes blue-gray tinted pastel paper.  Using my fingers, clay shapers and a razor blade was able to achieve this effect.

Hope you enjoy . . .

Winter Guard

About these ads

This entry was posted in About Oil Pastels, OPs New Paintings and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

27 Responses to Winter Guard, oil pastel

1. kerlund74 says:

Such a wonderful painting! Amazing blue color, love it!

2. castiblanc says:

You are really good with the oil pastels. I have just started working with they. Could you give me an advice about how to use they?

Hi Castiblanc, nice to meet you and thanks for the comments – much appreciated. Very exciting to meet someone that is looking to begin painting with OPs, they are a great medium. If you look under the drop down menu on my blog under “categories”, you’ll see a few posts about techniques, tools and oil pastels in general. Also if you want more details you might want to visit http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/channels.php?s=&channel_id=63 here you’ll find tremendous amount of information on using oil pastels – this is one of the original online artist communities that has a forum dedicated to oil pastels. Lots of challenges, technical library on tools and techniques, and studio where artists post their paintings. It’s a great site, I’m one of the Guides and would be pleased to have you join us.

3. aFrankAngle says:

Emphasizing blue is perfect for winter!

4. Ah, this is beautiful, Mary!! :-)

5. I like the little tree branches, Annie

6. An excellent title! Elegant yet powerful.

waiting …steadfast and true …
    Love these winter vignettes Mary .

8. Craig says:

Mary, these little six inch squares you are creating each contain a magical universe

Craig always the encourager and much appreciated – can’t thank you enough. I realized through your words I put the wrong size in the writing, it’s really 7×5. I like these smaller sizes for winter scenes, can’t explain it but they appeal to me on a greater level – maybe more intimate and inviting? I don’t know ~

9. meiro says:

Beautiful…. so soothing.

Warm regards,
    mei

10. Doris says:

Wow! this is so beautiful love it!

11. Sharon K. says:

Wonderful, Mary. Beautiful color and texture. Simple and dramatic :)