How do you like these wonderful roses? Our first batch of the season! This has been one busy week, much of it spent continuing to build the foundation for my art to flourish:
- Something told me that it was time to get involved at a different level, after some research I joined two local art leagues. I’m looking forward to the benefits of being around other artists, creating and learning new techniques.
- There are two local juried shows and a national one that I’ve decided to take part in. I’ll be selecting the pieces to enter and will go for it this coming Monday – I’m a little anxious, but ready to go.
- There is a wonderful national organization, Oil Pastel Society – it’s been a valuable resource for me even though I haven’t been a member. Well I finally got my membership application and bio completed for submission.
- I’ve been a bit antsy with the soft pastel underpainting I often use with my oil pastels, from a health standpoint (because of the dust) and because I’ve felt like something has been missing from my paintings. I spent a good part of this week researching two different mediums to use for my underpaintings with the hope of achieving a warm glow in my landscape paintings. After reading and watching many video’s I’m sold on a new technique that uses chroma transparent acrylics as the underpainting. Several wonderful colors are on order that I can’t wait to try, scenes are waiting to be painted so I’m anxious to get started, except one acrylic is on back-order which means the entire order is waiting to be sent out – oh well.
- There are two vendors I’ve been monitoring to potentially use for a website to sell my work. Finally I think I’ve settle on one that will offer the flexibility I want, I’m hoping to have this up and running by the end of April. There is one last piece of information I need about taxes and then I’m ready to go. Originally thought the website would be ready in February, but life’s priorities came first.
- Oh, did I mention doing my taxes? That was the last chore that needed to be done this week, talk about where did all the time go!
Years ago I found a wonderful site (www.simpletruths.com) filled with many first-rate motivational books and videos that I loved. From time-to-time I would buy the books, but also share new video releases with people. Today I received notice of a new release and thought I would share with you one of my all time favorites – if you are interested below is a quick 3-minute video clip from Simple Truths.
I hope you enjoy – best wishes for a wonderful weekend. I’m excited to be working on my next painting, take care ~ Mary