I am really honored to say that I have received three nominations from fabulous bloggers that I’ve taken forever in a day to acknowledge the Liebster Award – for that I am truly sorry. The bloggers who nominated me are: Cyndi from Healthy A-Z, Kitty of http://www.dearkitty1.wordpress.com, http://www.iarxiv.com and Lisa of http://playamart.wordpress.com. I hope you visit each blog and experience their worlds you’ll find them inspirational too!
- I’ve followed Cyndi’s blog since I started blogging back in August, 2012, she has one thirst for helping people live a healthy life through her fabulous blog. Healthy A-Z comes highly recommended – it’s a great place to visit.
- Kitty of dearkitty1 is a writer of many subjects ranging from animals to politics to life and is excellent at her craft. I hope you stop by her blog to enjoy and get moved by some of her writings.
- iarxiv.com is a fantastic author (if you haven’t had the pleasure check out Porcines Adventures she writes with her husband) and is a wonderful artist – I hope you spend a few minutes to join the many of us who faithfully follow the piglets adventures.
- And finally Lisa is fantastic artist who shares her passion of life through her art and photography with the world from her wonderful place in Ecuador. She has an amazing life, as we get to share in her adventures, and what I have found fabulous about Lisa is how she invites people to participate in her artistry – if you spend some time on Lisa’s Playamart blog you’ll witness her generous spirit!
As part of this award, I am to respond to the following:
Five random facts about me – they are all about our yard visitors. Two ponds located by us, one directly behind our backyard and one directly across the street so any time you want a show of wild animals or birds this is the place to be:
- I love birds, any kind flycatchers, bluejays, cardinals, etc – you’ll find lots of nests around the yard. These beautiful creatures communicate in a world all of their own – much fun to watch and learn from.
- We have geckos, lots of geckos and Texas Slinky Lizards – wow do we ever. They are pretty smart little guys, forever telling us through their mannerisms when there are snakes around. They are usually scurrying up and down trees, sides of our house and fence railings, and every once in a while they’ll find their way into the house – we gently catch and release.
- Oh my the squirrels think they rule around here. When our temps reach 100 degrees you’ll find them taking long siestas in our large Oak tree. Here’s the story for all time: once I was coming around a corner in the backyard and a squirrel was coming from a different place neither knew each other was there and we nearly ran into each. Well it scared me – I screamed. The squirrel on the other-hand turned around and ran and I mean he ran so fast that he literally ran across the top of the water of the swimming pool – talk about walk on water. I’ve never seen it before and likely will never see it again. What a show!
- Turtles, oh we have the turtles – very large! Because of the two ponds around our property, they’ll sometimes lay their eggs in our yard. And many times they’ll go from one pond to the other and use our property as their roadway, sometimes they’ll get stuck and can’t find their way out – we help them along!
- Snakes are regular, but not-so-welcomed guests. So far this year we’ve had 4, and the hot season has only just begun!
- Did I say five? Well here’s one more – rabbits. Yep they find their way to our perennial gardens every year. I get so excited at the start of Spring each year, watching the garden begin its growth spurt thinking “wow, no rabbits.” Only in a matter of a week to find many beautiful plants (what would be beautiful plants) mowed down – argh!
Five questions to answer:
- What 3 words best describe you? loyal, caring, optimistic
- What is your most prized possession? integrity
- If you had 10 minutes to evacuate your house what 5 things would you take with you (not including family members or pets)? clothes, water, food, important papers, family photos
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve been given? Enjoy your life and those around you – life is too short.
- What is the one food item you can’t live without? I love pistachio’s.
My nominations for the Liebster Blog Award are:
Each nomination came with different instructions. So with some liberty, here is a short combination of the rules. If you accept the nomination, please select 5 nominees, tell us five random things about yourself, answer the 5 questions above, and please place a link back to my blog in your acceptance post.
Congratulations to everyone. And, thank you to my nominators!