Amazing to think that three years have gone by since I started this blog and hope that several more are in me to least keep it going. We all know how much energy and time it takes to maintain a blog, besides our life, relationships, responsibilities and side passions:
- 1,057 followers: thank you – wouldn’t be worth doing if no one took the time to stop by. Some new and some old, but many with a frequency that’s amazing to me. A community of sorts has developed with many of you that would be difficult to replace. If you want to increase your following, take time to visit and comment with a disciplined approach – it will come back to you with many benefits.
- 15,651 comments: Not only do you guys visit, but you leave generous comments of support and encouragement, that has pushed my art forward. Can’t thank you enough.
- 136,949 views: amazing to me, thank you for taking a moment to view my art. You guys are the only ones on the planet, besides my husband, who has seen my work – perhaps one day I’ll show and even sell.
- 445 posts: I’ve given up on doing a post a day, I try for three, but I’m lucky if I do more than two a week. I’ve learned over time that not everything is worth a post – no one has the time or patience to plow through 5 posts of mine a week. So I’ve settled on no more than three/week maximum.
The problems are few:
- Time: blogging takes up a lot, most of it is what’s sitting in my Reader every day. I hate un-following, so for me once a follower, always a follower unless ~
- Taking my images: really! The problem still continues today, can you believe with all the mentions and warnings. My husband and I saw many yesterday all over the internet when we were doing an unrelated search – my radar is always going off. Two days ago I had 484 views from one country and earlier in the year a huge spike from another. Not saying anything, except that I analyze my stats every day and note unusual spikes. This has become a reality if your work (art, writing, other) is on the internet – the situation makes me mad and sad.
The benefits are many ~
- Community: its an awesome experience to meet and get to know people from all corners of the world, a rich and rewarding experience.
- Art: love seeing everyone’s creativity no matter the medium or venue, it’s invigorating and inspiring.
- Poetry and Stories: a whole new world has opened up for me that I didn’t participate in before. Your writing has enriched my life ~
- Photography: amazing shots that bring a whole new meaning to stunning, glorious and drama.
- Food, Wine, Family and Other: It is what makes the world go round ~ the seeds of life that keep on giving through your eyes and souls.
Thank you, onto number 4!
DON’T TAKE MY IMAGES!! MY ART IS COPYRIGHTED.
PLEASE DON’T COPY OR USE THE IMAGE WITHOUT RECEIVING MY PERMISSION FIRST – SEE DISCLOSURE ON THE RIGHT PANEL.