Yellow Rose Series, #1 – acrylic painting

Yellow roses are an expression of exuberance. Yellow roses evoke sunny feelings of joy, warmth and welcome. They are symbols of friendship and caringhttp://www.theflowerexpert.com

In my research I found several different meanings/symbolism’s for the yellow rose – this particular meaning stuck with me and it voices how I feel about the friendships developed over the last 7 years through WP blog.

Yellow Rose, Series #1 (acrylic painting) was painted on canvas using mainly golden and liquitex brand paints.  I used a photograph taken of roses from my garden (before the rosette disease destroyed the bush – so sad because each year the bush was flush with very large gorgeous yellow roses).

Over the years many photographs were taken of my yellow roses that would be great painting references, so I decided to do a small series on yellow roses ~ perhaps 5 or so paintings over the course of the next 6 months.  At least that’s the plan/goal.

Thank you for visiting and hope, my blogging friends, you have a Merry Christmas ~ best wishes for a wonderful 2020.  (click onto the image for a larger view)

Please don’t take my images – my art is copyrighted.  Please don’t copy or use the image without receiving my permission first – see disclosure on the right panel.

This entry was posted in Acrylic Paintings and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

44 Responses to Yellow Rose Series, #1 – acrylic painting

1. Really nice post my friend!

2. Your art is always amazing now to find blogs I love easier 🙂

Beautiful yellow rose painting! Love the soft yellow color.
    Happy New Year to you and your family, Mary!

It isn’t possible to visit everyone around Christmas time, Mary, but I hope that you had a peaceful, happy time. Very best wishes to you for the year to come. 🙂 🙂

5. Resa says:

That is just gorgeous! I’m so in love with your work! Thank you, Mary!!!
    Happy Holidays! 🎄🎄🎵🎄<3

Another gallery-worthy painting that mirrors the beauty of reality.

7. Such a light, feathery, touch

8. I definitely clicked on the image and was again astounded by your skills. Beautiful. Happy holidays to you as well.

9. Ogee says:

I love your delicate painting and your posts. And I wish you a Merry Christmas as well, Mary. May 2020 bring you much happiness (and lots of canvases to fill!)

Great to see you again and thank you for your generous comment. Merry Christmas to you and all the best for a great 2020, with many successful adoptions of those beautiful Golden!

10. Clanmother says:

I am looking forward to this Yellow Rose Series – you have a marvelous way of capturing the beauty of nature. All the very best of this magical season to you and yours…

11. Gorgeous painting, Mary. Wishing you and your family a peaceful Christmas.

12. Ah, Mary your yellow roses are so beautiful… and I love your background too!
    Merry Christmas, my dear friend! xoxoxo

13. Lovely… Christmas & New Year Blessings, Mary! ❤

14. Beautifully delicate! Merry Christmas to you!

15. Gorgeous painting, Mary. Your roses are a beautiful shade of yellow. Merry Christmas to you and your family. 🎄🎅🏻

16. Yellow roses spread happiness. Lovely painting. Merry Christmas and a joyous New Year.

Thank you so much Patricia – they really do spread happiness. Merry Christmas to you and only the best wishes for a wonderful New Year – here comes 2020!

17. It’s beautiful! I like the delicate tone of the rose. We have a yellow rose in a pot on the terrasse! But very difficult to keep healthy! So far so good! In spite of the season there is still one flower left.
    I wish you a Christmas full of joy and serenity and a 2020 with many satisfactions, positive emotions and much health! With friendship 🙂
    robert

Such a beautiful post Robert – thank you so much for your kind words. Yellow roses are a gorgeous flower and I’ll bet is only more so in your pot. I really miss our beautiful blooming bush (3 great flushes each year). Thank you also for your special Christmas greeting ~ Merry Christmas to you and yours and best wishes for a peaceful and healthy new year my friend.

18. And a very merry Christmas and happy new year to you and your family too, Mary. 🎄🎅🥂😊